Saturday, March 22, 2014

RAW RED CHILLIES & LEMON CHUTNEY/ PULIPPU KARA CHUTNEY


Preparation time - 5 minutes


Cooking time - 2 minutes






Hi friends, 

I skipped lot of events in the past 2 weeks. I will try to participate in the following events. I made this Kara chutney for viji's SYS-W SERIES. My secret ingredient of this month is RED color veggies, so I have used Red chillies. 

I love this chutney very much. Even when I was pregnant I ate this chutney very often until 4 months. It will be very good with idli, dosa and even with chappathis too.  Will go to the recipe now.


Ingredients


Red chillies - 5 or 6
Lemon - 1/4 or as you need
Water - small amount as needed
Salt - as needed

Seasoning 


Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 or 3
Sesame oil - 2 to 3 tsp

Method


  • First grind red chillies and salt. Then add little water as needed. Don't make it watery. 
  • Make the red chillies powder into smooth paste. Then remove it to the bowl.
  • Add fresh lemon juice to the chutney and mix well.
  • Heat oil for seasoning, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add seasoning to the chutney.
  • Chutney is ready now.

Note

  • This chutney is too spicy, please be sure before you use this chutney.
  • It goes well with idly & dosa. If you would like, you could also use this as a thin spread for bread sandwich.
  • I actually use to mix curd and sugar with this chutney while eating with dosa or idly. It will help you to reduce the risk of too much spicy. 
SYS-W SERIES SHOW YOUR STYLES TO THE WORLD by Viji






2 comments:

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget