Tuesday, February 4, 2014

INSTANT HOMEMADE KHOYA - WITH NO COOKING - 150 th post

Hi friends,

I am happy to share this useful recipe INSTANT HOMEMADE KHOYA as my 150th post.

Khoya is a dairy product which is used by Indians for most of their sweets. There are types of khoya which are classified according to their moisture level. Here I am giving the recipe for 50% of moist on the khoya. If you preserve it in the fridge with air tight box, this will stand only for 2 or 3 days. If the khoya is dry, it will stand for years.

Born story of the recipe is.. I want to make lavanga latika for SNC event. But I don't have khoya in my pantry. All of the sudden I thought of trying this recipe to make khoya. It tastes same as khoya and so I used for lavanga latika. Hope you all guess my next post... Yes! it is Lavanga Latika.





Ingredients


Milk powder -1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 or 1.5 tsp (optional)
Water - 3 1/2 tsp
Ghee - for greasing fingers

Method

  • Add sugar, then add water little by little to the milk powder and mix well with spoon.
  • Then grease your fingers with ghee and mix them with fingers to get soft dough.
  • Wrap the soft ball with cloth or keep it in the air tight box for 5 to 10 minutes.
  • Take the dough ball and crush it. Khoya is ready. 

2 comments:

  1. Really !! Thats it !! How come nobody ever figured it out ??? Brilliant Yashodha !! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Even I don't know. Just I gave try. I should thank for getting ths idea to sano and divy. Lavanga latika created this recipe :)

      Delete

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget