Sunday, August 5, 2012

PARUPPU PODI



It is one of the famous food items in the south India. It is very healthy and also tasty. We can give this to kids too. It contains much proteins. I love this podi from my childhood. My mom always use to made this specially for me. I have learned this from my mom.




Ingredients


Fried/roasted grams - 3/4 cup
Toor dal - 1 tbs (optional)
Red chillies - 10-12 number
Black pepper - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Garlic - 5pods
Salt - as required

Method

  1. Without oil fry red chillies, garlic, toor dal, black pepper and salt in the pan.
  2. Once it gets cool, grind all together and add fried grams to grind all those into fine powder.

Note

  1. If you are going to use black pepper, reduce red chillies. 
  2. You can use this podi with rice and ghee. It will be very good to eat. Also you can use this with idli and dosa too.  
  3. You can store this in a air tight container for 3 to 4 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FACEBOOK POPUP CODE
Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
bloggerWidget